Friday, November 19, 2010

Negative Nancy Says Hush Little Rage Muffin Hush

So... after all of that.... I found out the state has everything they need and on Monday I am trotting my little behind to the EMS office and walking out an Oregon EMT-P. Then I will turn in my application and anxiously pace up and down for about a week.

In all of this I learned a few things. 1. Do not put off today what may cause you to not get a job you should really get tomorrow. 2. You are very very very very lucky if you can find a partner in this world who will watch you pull off some of the stupidest shit in history, know that even if they wanted to they could not stop you, and then totally refrain from judgment or shittiness when you come crying to them for help. 3. Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans....the important part is that you continue to make other plans and just roll, gracefully if possible, with what comes. 4. The woman at the state EMS office has a heart and soul after all and last but certainly not least #5. Admitting you created your own train wreck when asking for special help and acknowledging that people are not required to help you, but you really really appreciate it when they do goes a very long way in pulling yourself out of said train wreck.

And now I am off to Eugene to watch the Man run a half marathon in likely, only twice as long as it takes me to run my 5K..... Up next: The Midwestern girl attempts to impress her father in-law by cooking a yummy dinner....

1 comment:

  1. Ha!! I can soooo relate to this post! Good luck and I hope everything sorts out soon. Have fun this weekend.

    ReplyDelete