Thursday, November 11, 2010

BLAAARRGHHH

Pardon my French but FUUUUUHHHHHCK!
I went to PT this morning and while he was checking out my pain scale I told him my knee felt a little janky. He checked out my knee and compared it to the other one and said "you have a little fluid on your knee." You must have jacked it up on the elliptical (based on what I was telling him) and now it is a little pissed and swollen. Then he gave me the fear of god speech as he called it. He threatened me with a torn meniscus if I didn't chill the F out. I am allowed pool running and walking and that is about it. Fuck Fuck Fuck! That is such a bummer! I have things to do, races to PR JAMES!!!! What the HELL?!!! More like what the hell body?! I am, needless to say, a little torn up about it. That said and profanity aside I am using this as a chance to practice being more patient, more creative and more positive. I think PT is a huge part of that as every time I go we work on something and I feel results and I leave with a clear picture of what to work on for next time. I'm such a follower! Anyway, I guess this is a two sided post. The first being the afore mentioned F!!! and the second being that I am taking a moment to pause and see this challenge for the potential growth it affords me. I will come out of this stronger, more creative and much more familiar with the pool down the road. I will learn how to read my body's signals and what to do to honor its needs while keeping my physical and mental fitness. Thanks for listening....

No comments:

Post a Comment