Friday, September 21, 2012

7 Months

You are strong and opinionated
You are wise and very old
My favorite traveling companion
The sweetest touch to my cheek
My alarm clock and my lullaby
Story teller and audience
A tiny mirror to my best intentions
My motivation to work harder, to love myself more, to try try try

In the past seven months you have crumbled old walls and awakened the siren call of a future I had nearly forgotten to go get. Everything is different my dear.
Faster and less busy
Exhausted and more alive
Simpler in this complex new web
I thought "this is survival!" but I now understand this is living.

You have expanded us and boiled us down to what is more important. We walk just to walk now, not only to arrive. You have made it clear to us, the walk is just as rich as the arrival.

Thank you for my home, my family
Thank you for this new love pouring out of me and my new eyes
It is beautiful here
All sleepy and grinning
I kiss your head and fall in love
A thousand times a day

No comments:

Post a Comment