Friday, October 28, 2011

Well, so much for that idea...

The contract was rejected. I could go on and on about the bullshit and cockamamie reasons people gave for voting no but I don't really care anymore. I am now focusing on the next 5 days and trying to keep myself from going hypertensive and or insane with worry. There is literally NOTHING left for me to do.

This morning G and I got up and went to breakfast and then hit the fabric store. I decided I needed one more day of living like everything was going to be fine. I needed one more sweet breakfast out with my husband before we start saving every last cent. I also needed a happy project. I needed the quilt supplies because I need something to look at when this is all over that shows it was not all a shitty time. I also need a reminder that being pregnant is GOOD and cheerful and happy and not just a ticking time bomb of expenses. Working on the quilt will be an active, tangible, joyful, productive reminder of how much I love this kid and how freaking excited I am to meet them and kiss them and smell the top of their head.

This afternoon we are getting ready to go run an aid station for the Running Chicks at the Autumn Leaves Ultra tomorrow at the ass crack of dawn. My sister and one of my very best friends in the world are running and since I can't run we are going to be the best pit crew EVAR! G and I looking forward to spending the day doing something for others and getting out of our own heads and worry. Nothing makes me feel shiny and optimistic quite the way supporting friends doing hard things does. I can't wait. I am also hoping to go at least one lap tomorrow too for a 6+ mile waddle.

So, yeah, they are now stacking the shit to throw at the fan. The strike notice has been given and if the company doesn't give us something better in the next 13 days we are out on the streets holding signs and shouting slogans....And yet, here I am cooking potatoes and dreaming of cutting up all of this lovely fabric for my baby's quilt. My life is a whirlwind at the moment but I am trying to keep my spirit safe in the eye of the hurricane where at least there is a little quiet and occasionally some sun.

1 comment:

  1. It will be so much fun to run the aid station!!! I hope you guys take some pictures so I can pretend I was there. Have fun today!!!

    ReplyDelete